Top Website Quality Assurance Checklist for WordPress Developers
Developing a website is complicated. But building a WordPress website does not assure if it meets the expectation of the client and his targeted audience.
This is the job of Quality Analyst to verify the final product before delivering it to the corresponding client.
Now, I think you perceive the basic role of Quality Analyst towards the company/business.
But how does a Quality Analyst achieve the best quality assurance for the WordPress website?
This is what we are going to discuss in this article. So, go through the entire article to find out the top quality assurance checklist for WordPress website development.
“It’s not necessary to hire a Quality Analyst for your small WordPress website. You can do a better job by implementing the basic ideas from this article.”
For the novice, Quality Assurance may be the new term. So, let’s see what is Quality Assurance.
Quality Assurance is the process of detecting defects and ensuring the client’s requirement in the final products. Quality Assurance is a key to achieve a credibility of the company and to win the customer’s confidence. So, Quality Assurance should be started from the initial phase to entire period of the website development.
Thus, we can easily define the role of Quality Analyst to ensure the functions and looks of the site as per requirement. Further, let’s see the responsibilities of Quality Analyst in the software company.
- Understanding the client’s requirement and create the clear-cut documentation.
- Plan and conduct quality auditing.
- Identify bugs and deficiency of the product.
- Remove bugs and check the quality of code to meet the standard.
- Assure the feasibility test of products on various condition.
Moreover, Quality Assurance for WordPress website includes different testing and these are:
- Test Planning
- CMS Functionality Testing
- Frontend Testing
- Browser Testing
- Client Testing
While checking the quality of the website, Quality Analyst must go through different risks such as Functional Risk, Non-Functional Risk, Deployment Risk, etc.
Now, it’s time to talk about Quality Assurance Checklist. This checklist is intended for the WordPress based website.
Developing a site using WordPress is not tough as using other platforms. WordPress provides a varied option of themes and plugins to assist the user. However, it doesn’t mean that your website can fulfil all the requirements of the client. You need to be familiar with the possible resolution you need to apply before and after launching a website.
So, here we go-Quality Assurance Checklist for WordPress Developer in the web development
- Check the URLs of all pages are SEO-friendly.
- Check whether the page title and meta description are included or not.
- Check the use of only one H1 per page usually in page title section.
- Check the integration of website to the correct social media page.
- Check the use of ALT tag on all images.
- Ensure the use of the schema data structure of the website.
- Check the proper formatting of the content.
- Ensure the content is free from spelling error and use of correct punctuation.
- Check the design of favicon.
- Check the availability of 404 pages.
- Check the content of each page to match the requirement.
- Test the required fields on the page.
- Test the input validation.
- Test the login page and verify the correct login.
- Check whether the website search functions properly or not.
- Check the proper functioning of navigation menus, internal links, and page redirection.
- Install and activate WordPress SEO plugins to enhance the SEO feature.
- Install and activate backup plugins to perform a regular backup of the file and database.
- Install and activate cache plugins.
- Install and activate broken link plugins to recognise the broken links of the website.
- Update the plugins regularly.
- Make sure the website functions properly in Chrome
- Make sure the website functions properly in Mozilla Firefox.
- Make sure the website functions properly in IE10.
- Make sure the website functions properly on Safari.
- Make sure the website possesses responsive features.
- Use Sitemap.XML page of the website and submit to the Google Webmaster Tools.
- Test the indexing of the website in all search engines.
- Connect and submit the site to Google Analytics.
- Check if the contact form on the website is relevant or not.
- Check the layout and content of the email.
- Verify the mail is sent to the correct recipient.
- Check the CTA button on the social media page.
- Check the correct functioning of a CTA button in the mail.
- Check the colour contrast of CTA button.
- Conduct a speed test to test the loading time of the website.
- Inform the developer for any change (if required).
- Ensure visibility of the website to the search engines.
- Make sure the website URL is sent to Google.
- Analyse the performance of the website.
Building a website is a good job. But, it’s necessary to bring out the client’s expectation on the website. For that purpose, Quality Assurance is the perfect one. This does not mean you can practice quality assurance only after completion of the website. Make sure to go through this checklist throughout the building phase of the website.