Amazon Review the Review comment feature to go
Amazon love user generated content like feedback and reviews, but they are going to ditch the Amazon Review the Review comment feature as of today, Wednesday the 16th of December.
The reason given for scrapping the comments feature on reviews is very simply that while reviews and feedback are important to Amazon’s customers and sellers, the comments feature on customer reviews was rarely used.
If you’re one of the few that will miss the Amazon Review the Review feature, it’s not like there aren’t plenty of other ways to make your opinions of a product heard. You can still click the helpful button to show your appreciation. If you have something to say about the product you can of course submit your own review and then there are questions as well.
Every product on Amazon comes with the ability to add ‘Customer questions & answers’. Rather than commenting on reviews, if you have a product query this is the place to ask… and the place you’re most likely to get an answer. If you have an opinion on a question someone else has asked then comment away to your hearts content adding useful content if you’ve got spare time on your hands. The only thing you won’t be able to do after Wednesday this week is to add comments to reviews.
As a reminder, Amazon encourage you to share your opinions, both favourable and unfavourable on products you have used. However they don’t allow reviews:
- by someone who has a direct or indirect financial interest in the product.
- by someone perceived to have a close personal relationship with the product’s owner, author or artist.
- by the product manufacturer, posing as an unbiased shopper.
- multiple negative reviews for the same product from one customer.
- in exchange for monetary reward.
- of a game in exchange for bonus in-game credits.
- negative review from a seller on a competitor’s product.
- positive review from an artist on a peer’s album in exchange for receiving a positive review from them.